Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my final days...

Well my last couple days here haven't been too boring. I've just been wandering around the city, doing my thing. I went out with the intention of getting lost, but kept finding that I knew where I was. haha, hilarious. I did take a ton of pictures though, to make up for all of the ones that I didn't take all semester! I promise that there are some gems in there. I'm going to have to make an album when I get home.. the intenet here is just way too slow for that.

Today I went to have coffee (aka a coke) with my friend from work and one of his bandmates. It was a good time. We just chatted for a few hours, then we went for a walk around the city and they told me everything that they know. haha. It was fun. Tomorrow they are getting together to play some music for a while (I think, I was kind of confused during this conversation), and they invited me to come too, so I'm going to hang out with them tomorrow as well. This is good. I hate not having people to talk to! haha

So anyway, I was walking around town today, going into tiendas and what not, and I was talking to some of the store attendants. Two of them told me that I speak really good Spanish. This has happened a LOT on this trip. And it's something that I always love to hear. I am pretty sure I have gained an enormous amount of confidence regarding my Spanish on this trip. I know I'm still not perfect, but so many people have told me that I understand and speak very well. So, they can't all be lying! ...Just think, after a year of living here, I'd be speaking like a native!

So, anyway, tomorrow is my last day here. I am going to visit a few museums, one of which is the museum of ancient torture devices. haha. Some spaniards once told me I should see it. So I'm going to. I saw a flier for it.. it looks brutual! haha. But I'm sure it will be interesting. I also have a few more gifts to buy. I was going to go to the pool, but I'm not sure if I'll have time now. I mean, I'd much rather hang out with other people than sit by myself at a pool anyway.. so that's what I'll do!

I can't really believe that it's going to be my last day here. I'm kind of sad. At the same time, I am looking forward to seeing everybody. I am definitely going to miss Spain a lot, as always.. but, just to be fair, here is a list of things that I will not miss:
  • a bed that is too short
  • bats flying into the bathroom window
  • those dang bells that ring at awkward times, all day, every day
  • the sweltering heat
  • having to pay to do laundry
  • slow internet
  • cuestas, and hills in general

Of course I will miss my siestas, and hearing Spanish, and speaking Spanish, and just being here. There is just something about this place that is so enchanting to me, and it's so difficult to try to describe.. but I'll miss it. I surely will.

In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy my last day here! And hopefully all will go well with the flight! Fingers crossed for no missed flights or lost baggage this time around! Oh, and, I will be in Germany for a layover.. so here's to visiting other countries?? haha. I don't know if this counts.

Hasta luego! And SEE YOU SOON!
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment